About the Office of Medical Education
Medical school is one of the most exciting times in the life of an aspiring physician.
Yet it is also one of the most challenging.
Every student, regardless of his or her background, will require personal and professional assistance to navigate the path that leads to a medical degree.
We in the Office of Medical Education (OME) understand this and are here to support you.
We encourage you to contact us for assistance with:
- questions or concerns you have about any aspect of your medical education at UB
- coordinating, monitoring and supporting your progress through the curriculum
- registering for and scheduling courses
- personal, academic and career counseling
- basic financial aid questions
- registering for the United States Medical Licensing Examination Steps (USMLE) I and II
- applying for residency
The Office of Medical Education also:
- coordinates the admissions process
- houses the Office of Multicultural Affairs
- maintains the official record of each student
- provides information regarding academic and curricular affairs
- facilitates all aspects of the curriculum and assists with its development, implementation and evaluation
We look forward to working with you.