It is wise for medical students to begin thinking their career path early. Below you will find a number of resources available to medical students in the career planning process.
Students with questions in planning and arranging course offerings can reach out to advisors designated by each department, academic staff in the Office of Medical Education, and faculty in the pre-clinical program.
> View Adviser List
The mentoring directory is provided as a service from the MAA and the medical society of the County of Erie. It provides a list of area physicians who have volunteered to service as medical student mentors.
- Careers in Medicine is an excellent resource as you go through the career planning stages of:
- Understanding yourself, concluding a self assessment
- Exploring options
- Choosing a specialty
- Getting into residency
- Residency Salaries and Benefits
- FREIDA - The Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database is the AMA's online residency training search program and contains information on approximately 7,800 graduate medical education programs as well as on 200 combined specialty programs.
- CareerMD - Information on Residency and Fellowship Programs
- NRMP - The National Residency Matching Program website provides information to assist you in navigating the match.
- SF Match - The San Francisco Matching Program is the coordinator for early match residencies.
- American Urological Association - The AUA coordinates the urology match.