About the Office of Medical Education
The Office of Medical Education (OME) focuses on the professional and personal needs of medical students IIt is the "first stop" for students with questions about any aspect of their medical education at UB. The OME deals with a variety of issues related to medical student education.
The OME is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and supporting student progress through the curriculum. We provide services to help medical students achieve their educational goals, they include:
- registration and course scheduling;
- personal, academic, and career counseling;
- registration for United States Medical Licensing Examination Steps (USMLE) I and II;
- residency application assistance;
- basic financial aid information; and other services.
The OME serves the educational community by coordinating the admissions process. It houses the office of minority affairs, maintains the official record of each student and provides information regarding academic and curricular affairs. The office facilitates all aspects of the curriculum and assists with its development, implementation and evaluation.